Prospective DVM Students
VSTP applications are accepted annually from prospective DVM students. Successful VSTP applicants will be chosen based on the following factors:
- Commitment to research
- Quality of the proposed research program
- Letters of evaluation from persons familiar with the applicant's past/present research
- Scholastic achievement (undergraduate/graduate programs)
- Graduate Record Examination (taken no later than August 31)
DVM (VMCAS) APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 17th
PhD APPLICATION DEADLINE: Admitted VSTP students will apply to their PhD program(s) of interest at the beginning of their second DVM year (V2). Most VSTP students are in the PhD programs in Immunology, Integrative Pathobiology, Epidemiology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Biological Sciences but all graduate programs are available for application.
1. Completed DVM application (submitted via VMCAS). * APPLICANT PORTAL – You will be notified of access to the DVM Applicant Portal shortly after UC Davis receives your information from VMCAS.
2. The following 3 items must be uploaded to the DVM Applicant Portal* by October 17th
- Statement of intent no longer than 7,500 characters (including spaces). Include research background, interests, research experience, and reasons for pursuing a dual degree program.
- Resumé or curriculum vitae and list of any publications (accepted, submitted, or in review).
3. GRE Scores taken no later than August 31 sent directly to VMCAS with Institution Code 4804.
4. In addition to the REQUIRED 3 VMCAS letters of recommendation for the DVM program, applicants to the VSTP program must submit a minimum of 2 additional letters of recommendation from research scientists which address your research potential. These VSTP letters should be sent directly to Dr. Xinbin Chen email@example.com and Erin Kent firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17th.
For further information, contact:
Dr. Xinbin Chen BVM, Ph.D
Distinguished Professor and Director of VSTP
SVM Dean's Office